Friday, January 1, 2010

tears on the page: the hangover

I wanna keep sleeping cuz at least then I’m not thinking
And the more I do that the more my heart’s sinking
And the more I worry the more I hurt
Feel like my heart is being torn apart
And I’ve got no one to blame but myself
It hurts so much more when there’s no help
nothing to do but live on forward
even though everything feels wayward
fly away scatterbrain hurricane eyes
I’ve got a storm up brewing inside
I’m the kettle listen to my tea
Whistling hard alone and angry
Satyre is my handle listen when I spout
Hide behind wit to make the girls pout
Pretend like I know what shit’s about
Really I’ve not got a single clue
Losing all sense of what’s right and true
Ashamed of my life I’m feeling blue
Don’t feel like the guy you once knew
Don’t feel like fun or like a laugh
Not a whole man, more like a half
Or less, consumed by stress
Running away into my rest
Failing each and every test
Although getting the grades
Hiding my pain behind mirrored shades
Can’t see my eyes crying on the page
So I’m gonna go back to sleep
Where I don’t feel like such a creep
Where I’ll only get judged by the sheep

No comments:

Post a Comment