Saturday, January 9, 2010

spirit blues

Vapors of modernity twine around me
Rising like smoke from the ashes
Ashes from the blunt
Blunted through my days I keep up the front
Lets me pretend that its all ok
Ignore the zombies and along I’ll play
blind eye as they rob me cuz I’m high all day
never speak a word I am O.K
Know what I want and I aim to get it
Wanna be a man whose paid to spit it
Free myself of material obligation
Allow my spirit to infuse the nation
Like spirits they imbibe this pure libation
The spirit that inhabits all of creation

Spirit spirit in the sound
Tell me what is going round
Swine flu beats infect your ear
Spread it aurally as you hear

I’m so hot right now I’ve got a fever
And if that chick ain’t sick you got to leave her
Move and get an ill woman in your life
The kind of dope bitch you could take to wife
One whose caught the bug of sweet delight
The kinda girl who lives at night
Vampire bitch with leathers tight
Dance to this if your feeling right
And like mos def I wanna shine a light

Spirit spirit on the wall
Tell me how I can see it all
Is this the precipice from which I fall
Or is it time for me to make the call

Twisted up knotted up I feel like pine
strong as wood but writhing like a vine
petrified lumber but I look just fine
pretty exterior but dead inside
or maybe scared to live, scared to feel
afraid this heart might never heal
terrified by a future I can’t even see
I watch as anxiety takes over me
And I want to leave I want to flee
Run away into outerspace dive into a sea of bass
And here come the synths to melt away your face
Gonna go in when I get a taste

So spirit spirit what do you say
Tell me please what tune to play
Gotta know just what to do
How to make a bitches brew

Bubble bubble toil and trouble, fire burn and cauldron bubble
Let this witches stew up simmer
Sip it down like slim fast makes you slimmer
Ain’t losing pounds here we losing years
Turning into children and facing our fears
Turn the wild things into our peers
befriend the wild child with such a wide smile
Together live without a care just for a while
Fresh prince of the forest like Big Willy Style
Mixed with free willy, whale shit gets so silly
Now we gonna get a milli just like vanilli
Or like wayne a millionaire without a care
You can sip on syrup and dredlock your hair
But whatever you do make sure ya stay true
To the places you from and the original crew
Cuz these are the ingredients to make a bitches brew
Good friends good times and good music
One thing you don’t need is more excuses
Just brew it up right with a pinch of spice
Exotic herbs make it taste so nice
finish it off with some hippity hops
some tasty tunes to make it pop
carbonate the brew with the beat
let it percolate down below the street
underground sound ferments and ripens
till one day you can let the light in
crack a bottle and take a taste
swear never let this shit go to waste
this the kinda brew it takes years to make
so drink it again, rewind for your own sake

So spirit spirit me and you
I’ll tell you once and I’ll tell you true
We’re living in a world so fresh its new
Where we don’t need a reason to sing the blues

No comments:

Post a Comment