Saturday, January 9, 2010

Lion's Roar

This is the story of a world in ruins
All that is hollow just follows the current

Fool’s gold on every neck I see
Hypocrisy rules the world around me
Can’t view the ground through all the smog
Can’t breathe the truth in this enveloping fog
Purple haze obscures my sight
Only get visions late at night
Sunlight filtered through a cloud of lies
This sin light reveals a sea of flies
Delight disappears under rising tides
Waves wash over crest and break
Bodies shiver and souls quake
Gotta stand strong when your life is at stake

Everyone’s lost inside confusion / can’t pierce the veil of illusion
We all seek love and human union / I’ve found the station people tune in

Tune in to me and listen when I speak
Gonna tell it deep so my voice don’t squeak
Roar my truth out like a lion
Speak like bob, iron zion
Rasta tell ya whatcha wanta hear
Listen close romans lend an ear
You live in an empire founded on blood
Treating the third world like the hood
We kill thousands for our greater good
Ignore their problems and we eat our cake
Got no problems throw your trash in the lake
Spoil the beauty without a care
Put the tears in the Indian’s stare
But it ain’t just litter its state corruption
Systems infernal it needs an eruption
Cleansing fire in the halls of power
Turn off the water to the Mans shower
Golden fountain of privilege and prestige
Bathe in it if you agree to bend the knee
Kowtow to the powwow of tyranny
Allow sorrow to rule unchecked
Let the virus spread infect
Immune system corrupted bodies fall
Immigrant transplant rejects it all
No host here we’re ruled by fear
Scared of ourselves, eyes like deer
Caught in the headlights, freeze!
[Break]

and restart, renew reboot the system
dance to these words while ya listen
sweat to the beat, start to glisten
and if ya can’t hear then move on in
get closer to these twin fountains of truth
fat ass speakers that will shake your teeth
while the bass raise the roof
you break your necks like lateef
truthspeaker here I tell no lies
soothsayer here predicting lives
spit truth like mos or truth like kweli
blackstar change the sky lyrically
rearrange familiar constellations
put my name next to living legends
rock the word with deep vibrations
bring my audience below the heavens
true like blue and true like jay
dilla here I just stay paid
electronica here I’m exhibit A
Z here this my blueprint
Cole here to fire up this shit
Rock here and we just don’t stop
Reppin hip hop till I drop
MC’s are my heroes, they are my idols
And like those cats I refuse to stay idle

[Spoken Word Outro]

And like my heroes I speak truth to power
Tell the people that this is our Hour
Your time to rise above or die trying
Take over your life or keep on lying
Either way I’ve made my choice
And nothing will ever silence my voice

No comments:

Post a Comment