Monday, December 21, 2009

the kick it spirit

I saw my man in a dream the other night
And when he smiled I knew I’d be alright
Although he may have gone to a world apart
He will live forever in my heart

Kick it? With a shrug and smile
That’s the way we used to while
Whylin out on city streets or classrooms
Time so fly is always gone too soon
But memories will always last
Moments so sweet can be a bitter pill
Seductive pain of living in the past
But I’ve eaten these sorrows and had my fill
Gorged on sadness till I felt ill
Time to throw back the curtains
Rise from the sickbed and let the light in
Let the kick it spirit live on in you
Do plug things, to your friends be true
Live with a smile dancing on your lips
And never let the mat hit your hips
Wrestle with life and get the pin
Never settle for less than the win
And answer every question with a grin

Because I saw my man in a dream the other night
And when he smiled I knew it’d be all right
Although it still hurts to know that it’s true
Eric my brother this one is for you

1 comment:

  1. I've come back to read this a couple times -whenever I need a little inspiration to live life as happy as I can and pass that feeling on.
    Thanks NickDrew,
    This one means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete