Thursday, October 29, 2009

where can i find me, love you

Unmoored unfettered drifting free / rising above, clouds below me
Get so high, look what I see / my house, your house, statue of Liberty

Gonna spit a bit quick right before bed
Shake loose these demons from my head
Calm down chill out don’t see red
Stay focused and get that paper
Dough start to inflow with this caper

Wanna get away and escape it all
Leave behind the stress and the madness
But I turn away and face the wall
Nowhere to go to pour my sadness
So drop it on the page and hope
That one day I’ll have crafted enough rope
Threads to clothe me, hempen like dope
No absolution here don’t need no pope
Just need a space and these words
A crowd so I don’t go unheards
Then I can drop it classic like whey and curds
I’m the spider, ya’ll miss muffett
Ya’ll paying for change, warren buffet
While I’m jimmy saying fuck it
Lets all get stoned at margaritaville
Begin the night swiggin on swill
Watch yourself, try not to spill
At least not once we get past the well
And onto the good shit, break out the patron
Before long we gonna be gittin it on
Because this is how we do it son
My rhymes make change like clerks
My beats make ya dance like jerks
My shows be packed on like the works
Hamburger hill, enemies get Merc’ed
While I’m up in space like cap’n kirk
Chillin with spock in the spacedock
Gonna throw Khan out the airlock
Now lets pause and take a stock
Seize a steer and steal a sheep
No quotes here, we top of the heap
And they used to call me a creep
On TV, this is the shit they bleep
Fuck that censorship, I’ll say bitches
And if you don’t like it, come get stitches
In your side from chasing me down
I don’t live here, I reside in the sound

No comments:

Post a Comment