Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Polka Dot Blues

I got them polka dot blues
Little cysts spreading across my soul
Little sty drifting through my vision
Dots gained by breaking rules
Diving headfirst through any loophole
Swiftly escaping into my old prison

A piece of paper, a shower of embers
White slate marred by a few cinders
Little holes appearing, motheaten shirt
Eating into me, making me hurt
And made by hurting
Pain comes from my own gain
Sabotage myself when winning
Gotta lose gotta make it rain
On my parade I don’t deserve
A sentence I don’t have to serve
Self imposed exile, alientation
Set myself apart from this alien nation
Foreign to me, foreign I be
Different from my environment
Product of actions I never meant
Made my self a bed in which to sleep
I lie awake in lies, never sleep
And even in rest I don’t find peace
Can’t escape the stress that doesn’t cease
At night I dream of daytime worry
And through endless hallways I hurry
So I sleep less to escape the eyes
Stay up late, race from the prize
Solace comes in escapism
Fracture my life back like a prism
Rainbows seen in my vision
But when I pull away the lens
And put down my pad and pens
I’m just sitting here alone
writing in the twilight zone

No comments:

Post a Comment