Thursday, October 29, 2009

Insomnia

When I can’t sleep I talk to myself
Seek solace amidst solitude
Build a palace of my attitude
Read my own poetry to fall asleep
Counting my wordy, wooly, wise sheep
Electric sheep are yours to keep
The truth lives here but it lies deep
Concealing secrets for which we seek
Through your fingers try to peek
Catch the brilliance when I speak

And I just keep on writing until I drop
Rhyming alone and I’ll never stop
Without fail I’ll keep on trying
Thoughts sizzle like bacon frying
Pop hiss grease fizzle in the pan
Thoughts heating up like I just ran
Running away from my own issues
Running hard, needing tissues
The nose knows, smells bacon done
Tastes so good with the rising sun
Morning dawn, light approaches
Brightness invades, rebukes, reproaches
Ferrets out secrets, reveals lost files
Illuminates denial, illustrates what it defiles
Sanctifies the still alive and makes it thrive
Gives me drive and lets me jive
So what’s the light, where’s the source?

Me and you alone of course
Transcendent truth, intercourse

Confusion illusion confounds allusions
Poisonous vapors, psychic capers
Crazy prophets and projected craters
Life finds a way, evolves in papers
Thesis, essay, idea and narrative
Any expression of the life I live
Alive inside my own mind I thrive
Grieve as I bleed the mind outside
Brain in inkwells, dipped and rolled
Drawn across pages, papyrus scrolls
Pour myself out and only got filled
The more I grew the more I spilled
Oil tankers like this disaster zone
Every wreck breeds more clones
All these thoughts invade and batter down
Walls of Jericho fall under before walls of sound

No comments:

Post a Comment