Thursday, November 12, 2009

Si Se Puede

Spontaneous, breathless, young and restless
New wave of faded beats we impress heads
Stressless, strained, fingers white
Grabbing the wheel with fingers tight
We take control in the moment
No direction home we ain’t content
Contents sealed we packaged fresh
Off the boat from foreign shores
Coming here to break down doors
Smash the windows and wreck the system
We’ve got voices that need a listen
So lend an ear romans come to hear
Truth and knowledge streaming from your peer
Peer in age but peerless on the stage
I’m here right now to vent some rage
Cuz kids are dying overseas / kids are dying picking peas
Babies dies with bellies empty / starving in the land of plenty
Lost our jobs we’ve been robbed
Going broke, shit ain’t no joke
Bills to pay for grandma's medicine
And grandpa’s paying for his sins
While complacency is all I see around me
No one cares and if they do
There’s nothing they can really do
Besides vote for the right guy and get a job
Donate to charity but don’t act like a slob
Nothing ever changes and it makes me sick
Between six kinds of wrong we have to pick
And everyone keeps on humming along
We all know the tune to our master’s song
Don’t realize that we’re just the chorus
That there is a them and an us
That they rule while we suffer
And while we’re blind shit gets rougher
So I’m here to rip away the gauze
To tear down the veil is my cause
My little fingers tickling your eardrums
Making you wake up like kick drums
So stand up and ask for better
Cast aside the label, remote, fetter
Shed the programming and find yourself
Love thy neighbor and toast his heath
Topple the system and scream fuck the man
Know if I can do it then you can
Say it with me now “if I can do it you can”

No comments:

Post a Comment