Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Here's a little story for mother's day, followed up some lyrical love.

Last night at the Del show, Bukue One (the opening act) asked all the Momma’s boys in the house to represent. I raised my hand, because it is true. Mom there’s no one in the world I love more than you.

Oh momma, you know I act a fool

Always trying to stunt and act cool

Screwing off, coasting through school

But now its time for a gear shift

Time to give my self a big lift

To you I’ll make my life a gift

Achieve, succeed, exceed potential

Keep my nose clean, act presidential

Obama is federal, I’ll rock the residential

But both of us reppin change and hope

Rescuing our nations from the end of a rope

Moving on from the past to lyrical dope

Moving my life from negative to positive

Cuz that’s the only way to live

A good long life, the only gift I truly have to give


New Growth

All things in their time must end.

The leaves fall slow but soon comes snow

And eventually that too does go

Melts away into the spring

Rebirth, new fresh and green

Soon enough that life grows strong

Causes the land to burst into song

Positive growth all summer long

In the spring new shoots arise

Hidden during winter’s icy reign

Casting off the frozen stain

Bringing forth, through the pain

Plants get stronger, reaching and growing

Now that it has finally stopped snowing

Still weathering summer showers

But battered we drink deep, resilient flowers

Magnolia blooming, blossoms gleaming

Sun and rain fuel this dreaming

Reaching for the skies and the stars above

No more cries, time for love

So sit back and soak up the sun

Trust in me, your fresh grown son.

No comments:

Post a Comment