Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The lesson (part two) by the roots – freestyle write

something i like to do is listen to instrumentals and write/rap to them
here's a little example

Oh hell, hell yea here we go, start to flow
Gonna drop it like dro when the cops at the window
then I’m away like usain bolt
Lighting out the door, never catch this colt
45 in my right, blunt in my left
and now ya’ll can feel this heft
weight of my rhymes like a gun in yo hand
light as a feather, heavier than a mountain of sand

its my duty to drop these rhymes over beats
duty to rep my hometown streets!
Murray, booth, belleview, newberry
My east side streets ain’t even scary
Now go west up center or north avenue
These are the places where life gets askew
In my goddam segregated ass birthplace
Money and race are ingrained in space
River between the whites and the blacks
one in mansions, one in stacks
but people die the same, blacks and whites
so you gotta watch your back under city lights

my heart gets tore up in these city nights
cuz I know that this shit just ain’t right
but what could I do, I was just a young fool
goin wild, livin large, skippin school
smoking Buddha, getting ruddah, thinking I was cool
now all I see is a lotta fun times
lackin content, lackin rhymes
shoulda been honin my craft not doing crimes
but I guess im just a product of my city
spoiled little white boy suckling on daddy’s titty
but watch out now, that boy is history
what is to come is still a mystery
but know one day soon everybody gonna listen to me

No comments:

Post a Comment