Thursday, August 27, 2009

bullstream of thought / the ballad of hal

Walking hard walking all alone by choice
Although around the corner I still hear her voice
Strolling home through the past
Knowing a night like this could never last
Evaporate into mist come morning
And for chances missed I am mourning
Story of the life of a boy with promise
A boy who always tried to be honest
Living on Prospect, a talented youth
Interested in books, music and truth
Science fiction and science class, Soccer and Socrates
This was a boy who always said please
But over time this boy did grow
And soon enough he came to know
No one liked a smart ass with brains
That knowledge brought our boy some pains
He learned that friendship was a treasure
Real friends were few and hard to measure
But he grew and then he knew
That some things are always true
So this goes out to friends for life
Friendships knit under city lights
Knit caps on heads these hats are red
THC smoking headies, streets get bled
Grown wisdom born under moonlight
Nightlife, kick it keep the flow tight
Tighter than a sleeve, loose when I breathe
Can’t find a rhyme, dropped the line
Like a poet who forgot his lies
Now his throat, his thought, up it dries
Still I gotta keep pouring out this soul
Waterfall, freefall till I reach my goal
To realize the potential that I hold
That boy’s got something special, I sensed it
My grandma said that and she meant it
Now say goodbye to grandma’s boy
No more monkey shit, no more toys
Gorwn man shit, on it for real this time
Said it before but it was mime
False mimcry, coyote in the darkness
But there’s a fire let me spark this
And now lets seal it with a kiss

No comments:

Post a Comment