Thursday, July 23, 2009

my pain, your pain, whose gain?

The late night blues inhabits my tired face
Staring at me under my skin windows
Street lights where eyes could be an empty space
Speed away from thought, sprinting in limbo

Get to my sanctuary, my happy place
Troubles so near, but I’m in outer space
Headphone in each ear, a measure of grace
Spaceship made of words, melody and bass

Pain recedes behind a curtain of noise
Anesthetized by drugs, dance and the beat
Little kids these days play with grown up toys
Poisons and chemicals feeding the street

Psychedelic tourists, mind spelunkers
We search for meaning by going insane
Always striving for more, higher, drunker
We just hope our lives can handle the strain

The world gets smaller as you grow bigger
Don’t tell me that I am living so free
While any hand sits upon the trigger
As long as I live I will never be

so don’t give a fuck, the truth’s been laid bare
naked, ugly, grotesque don’t even care

No comments:

Post a Comment